Frost Roadways and Revelations

The Student News Site of Robert Frost Middle School

Frost Roadways and Revelations

Frost Roadways and Revelations

Patient, positive, passionate, Ms. Perina

Ms. Perina teaching her English class.
Ms. Perina teaching her English class.

Starting with teaching her stuffed animals and playing school with anything she could find, Ms. Perina knew that one day she would become a teacher.

Growing up, Ms. Perina always had an interest in becoming a marine biologist or a teacher. She has always appreciated ocean creatures, animals, and plants. Whenever she had a chance, she liked to read poetry because of the way it made her feel calm. 

As time flew by, Ms. Perina decided to major as a teacher in English, “After I understood the power of words, I wanted to teach students about how much impact words can make in our world.” 

After Ms. Perina graduated from James Madison University, she wasn’t able to get her master’s degree right away. However, this didn’t stop her from continuing on in her teaching career. Instead, after her kids grew up, she went back to George Mason and got her master’s degree. 

Outside of Frost, she volunteers at her local church. At home, she is a mom of two college students. 

Ms. Perina’s biggest goal in being an English teacher is to create a comfortable atmosphere in her classroom. Instead of just teaching what FCPS teachers are required to, Ms. Perina takes this challenge into another level by trying to encourage students to become more self confident by taking academic risks. 

“Reading and writing are so important for life. It is very important to communicate your ideas clearly and effectively.” This is one of the many reasons why Ms. Perina decided to teach English. 

Wherever Ms. Perina is, she will always be grateful and aware of the small, special moments in her life. 

Donate to Frost Roadways and Revelations

Your donation will support the student journalists of Robert Frost Middle School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.