Frost Roadways and Revelations

The Student News Site of Robert Frost Middle School

Frost Roadways and Revelations

Frost Roadways and Revelations

Ms Kownacki is a Lot More Than Meets the Eye

Mrs. Kownacki, Administrator at Frost Middle School.

Imagine this, a starry eyed child blissfully teaching the class as her and her siblings played school.  Well that was Ms. Kownacki. She knew even from a young age exactly what she was going to do. 

As Ms. Kownacki got older, her love for school and teaching continued to thrive, “My favorite subjects were English and Journalism,” she tells us.   Ms.Kownacki was even a writer on her middle and high school newspaper.

She didn’t just focus on school, she loved to widen her circle by trying new things. She tried many different sports growing up, including soccer, basketball, field hockey, dance, and track. Ms. Kownacki ended up quitting all the other sports for track because she realized she loved it the most.

Fast forward to the present and Ms.Kownacki still has a passion for running. She will occasionally join students in running the pacer in PE class and join in Cross Country practice after school.  

Ms.Kownacki started off her career with highschool, as a teacher.  But once she had her three kids she took a break from teaching.  Once Ms.Kownacki came back to work, the only teaching job she could find was a middle school position. Ms.Kownacki then fell in love with teaching middle school.  

Surprisingly, Ms. Kownacki’s experience teaching middle school had surpassed her highschool teaching experience by a lot!  

Ms. Kownacki felt that she could really connect with and understand the middle school students. She promised herself that she would try to make school fun and exciting, not just a place for learning.  

Now at Frost Middle School, Ms.Kownacki is an administrator and she states, “Being at middle school is a blessing and a curse.” Ms. Kownacki’s three children are now in 5th, 7th, and 9th grade. 

One of her daughters wants to be a PE teacher when she grows up. Her husband also works in schools, as a principal because of this Ms.Kownacki can relate to her husband about work. 

Despite working at school Ms. Kownacki enjoys running, working out, traveling, home projects, painting, and calligraphy. She also dreams of being a writer, travel influencer, or anything related to books. 

Ms.Kownacki is known throughout the school as the fun and exciting administrator at Frost. She is the administrator that comes to mind when you think of Frost spirit. Overall she really represents kindness, widening your circle, and bringing everyone together as One Frost!

Donate to Frost Roadways and Revelations

Your donation will support the student journalists of Robert Frost Middle School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.