Frost Roadways and Revelations

The Student News Site of Robert Frost Middle School

Frost Roadways and Revelations

Frost Roadways and Revelations

SGA Candy Sale and Spirit Week were a Huge Success, $1,300 Profit, and Spirits High as Ever!

On October 25th, only 6 days before Halloween students lined up in excitement for the Frost Candy Sale and Raffle. A week later students showed up in their best outfits, and school spirit.

Students with their newly purchased candy from the SGA sale. (Faith L.)

The candy sale lasted two days but the effect was clear! Candy was everywhere. Each candy cost $0.50 and the options were many, sour patch kids, skittles, blow pops, Swedish Fish.

Lydia T, an 8th grader at Frost commented, “It was super fun and creative, and I loved getting the chance to buy candy.

In addition to this, on the last day of the sale students had the opportunity to buy a raffle ticket to win a massive  candy basket. The winners were overjoyed, and students had fun with the suspense and thrill when they announced the winners.

In total the SGA made roughly $1,300 from the sale, this was going to help support future SGA events later on in the year.

However the excitement didn’t end there. The next Monday the SGA’s spirit week had began! Some of the spirit days included “College Day”, “Costume Day” (for Halloween), “Western Wednesday”, and “Decades Day”. All of these had a great turn out however, Friday’s spirit day was definitely the best.

One of the best costumes from Tuesday “Costume Day”. (Arya D.)

“Flipped Friday”, a new spirit day for the SGA had the school all mixed up, teachers dressed like students, and students dressed like teachers! Many teachers even got into character changing their “slang” to fit their students.

The SGA even got to interview some of the “new students”, and teachers and kids alike had a blast the whole day.

Overall the past couple weeks have been a blast for everyone at school. Hopefully the SGA will continue to make school a fun and warm environment for everyone this school year.

Donate to Frost Roadways and Revelations

Your donation will support the student journalists of Robert Frost Middle School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.