Frost Roadways and Revelations

The Student News Site of Robert Frost Middle School

Frost Roadways and Revelations

Frost Roadways and Revelations

Biggest In The Business, Fortnite OG

Conformed Fortnite Enjoyer plays the game

On Friday November 3rd( 2023), arguably one of the biggest events in the history of gaming occurred. The launch of Fortnights latest season Fortnite OG. Fortnite season OG was a season requested by many “OG” players of the game to be a tactic to “ revive the game” as many of fortnight’s old fanbase had stated that they would come back if they went back to chapter 1.

The numbers tell the tale. According to a CNN report on the launch weekend alone, players logged in 44.7 million times, topping the maximum concurrent player count of 6.1 million. Altogether players clocked in over 100 million hours of gameplay. It’s safe to say that everyone is playing Fortnite.

Even more information proves this point. An anonymous source stated “Before the season started the average people online from my friends list were about 5-6 now, since the season started my friends list always has upwards of 20 people online, some who haven’t played the game in years.” This goes to show how much of a social event this new season has become. 

Taking a look at why so many  players are playing the game it is safe to say the main reason is that this season fits the interest of multiple different age demographics. In a poll concocted on youtube.com, it can be inferred, that for the younger generation, Epic games is keeping the games pace by including the advanced moving mechanics to make the game fast and a dopamine well for young people. Also, to cater to ages 16-20, epic games are adding back the old map, guns, graphics, items, and feel of Fortnight’s prime in 2017.

The short 4 week season includes a weekly update in which Fortnite updates the map and brings new weapons out of the vault so that in the short season players experience chapter one in all of its glory again.

This brings a surprising question brought to light by streamer/ content creator Sypher PK. He stated, “why has Fortnite decided to bring back chapter one now… I believe that Epic wants all eyes on the game for next season when they do something even bigger.” This brings about the lingering question, after season OG what is Fortnite going to do next?

Donate to Frost Roadways and Revelations

Your donation will support the student journalists of Robert Frost Middle School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.