Frost Roadways and Revelations

The Student News Site of Robert Frost Middle School

Frost Roadways and Revelations

Frost Roadways and Revelations

Keeper of the Lost Cities: A Book Review

A picture of The Keeper Of the Lost Cities front cover Flashback.
A picture of The Keeper Of the Lost Cities front cover ‘Flashback’.

“I’d rather be punished for making the right decision than live with the guilt of making the wrong one.”

-Sophie Foster, Keeper of the Lost Cities

In Shannon Messenger’s book series, Keeper of the Lost Cities, readers will follow Sophie Foster on adventures all throughout a series of ten books. Keeper of the Lost Cities is a perfect mix of fantasy, adventure, action, and mystery and it is a great book overall.

Sophie Foster always knew she was different from everyone else. She was only 12 and was acing her senior year in high school. She also hears other people’s thoughts in her head when no one else can, and in a magical turn of events, Sophie discovers that she’s an elf and has to leave everything she ever knew behind.

When moving to the Lost Cities, Sophie faces many challenges such as the mysterious Black Swan group and the evil Neverseen.

I rate Keeper of the Lost Cities a 4.5/5. I love the unexpected plot twists and the element of magic. If you enjoy reading fantasy and adventure then, you’ll really like this book. Shannon Messenger does an incredible job of leaving every chapter on a cliffhanger which makes readers eager to read more. Once you start reading, you will be completely immersed in the Elvin World and not want to put your book down once you begin reading.

The one thing that I don’t like about this book is how committed you have to be in order to read the series. Keeper of the Lost Cities has ten very long books which will take a while to read if you are a slower reader. Other than that, I think that this is the perfect book to sit down and read.

In conclusion, I think Keeper of the Lost Cities is a great book and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys fantasy, action, and adventure with a little bit of mystery. Next time you go to the school library or go to a local bookstore, be on the lookout for Keeper of the Lost Cities!

Donate to Frost Roadways and Revelations

Your donation will support the student journalists of Robert Frost Middle School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.